We Will Guide you

We will guide you step-by-step
through this difficult process.

Free Initial Consultation (866) 290-9292
blog home Child Support Spousal Support Kate Gosselin Requests Child and Spousal Support

Kate Gosselin Requests Child and Spousal Support

By Sheryl Rentz on October 28, 2009

Supporting a family takes work, and subsequently, requires money. Parents may find this responsibility daunting when raising even just one child, let alone more than one. Such a task may become even more challenging after a divorce, or when eight children are involved. According to a seattlepi.com story, Kate Gosselin has submitted paperwork asking for child support in addition to temporary spousal support from her estranged husband, Jon Gosselin.

The Gosselin divorce has been at the forefront of family law discussion recently due to its many complexities. For instance, Kate’s lawyers claim that she is unable to pay bills due to John removing money from their joint bank account. Her attorneys stated, “She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets.” Apparently, Kate submitted petitions for child and spousal support last week at just about the same time she filed an emergency petition requesting to have a Pennsylvania judge order Jon to return the money that he took from the joint account. Reports say that these financial issues are scheduled to be addressed on Tuesday, October 13, 2009.

Although most divorces and disputes over child and spousal support are not nearly as publicized as the Gosselin’s situation, their struggles serve as a reminder of how complex family law matters can be. As experienced Philadelphia spousal support attorneys, we understand what a critical time this is for you in obtaining the financial support you need. In deciding how much spousal support a person should receive, courts in Pennsylvania will examine parental responsibilities, property holdings, length of time spent not working, the need for spousal support, age and health factors, standard of living experienced while in the marriage, as well as many other elements.

It is very common for spousal support to change over time when circumstances evolve. This is one of the many reasons why you must stay informed of your legal rights and options when it comes to spousal support, child support, and other family law issues. To learn more about how to ensure that you receive the spousal support you need, call the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. today for a free consultation at 610-645-0100.

Source Article: http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/411019_tvgif10.html

Related Articles:

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.

Contact Us

Our team is ready to help. Start off your case with a no-cost consultation by calling our office today at (866) 290-9292 or by completing the following form.

Phone (optional):

Law Office of Sheryl L. Rentz

326 W Lancaster Ave, Suite 100
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003

Phone: (610) 645-0100
Toll-free: (866) 290-9292
Fax: (610) 645-0111

Phone (optional):

Montgomery County Divorce Attorney Disclaimer: The divorce, visitation, child support, child custody, spousal support, or other family law legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth here were dependent on the facts of that case and the results will differ from case to case. Please contact an attorney at our law firm office. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of Pennsylvania.

© 2022 Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz. Serving Chester County, Montgomery County, & all counties in Pennsylvania.

Website Design, SEO and Legal Internet Marketing by: SLS Consulting


Read Our Important Announcement About COVID-19

Dear valued clients, we are opening Monday, June 8th, but everyone must wear masks. For the safety of the community, we continue to encourage meetings either over the phone or by Zoom.

Schedule My Consultation