We Will Guide you

We will guide you step-by-step
through this difficult process.

Free Initial Consultation (866) 290-9292
Home Family Law Post-Decree Modification Orders

Pennsylvania Post-Decree Modification Lawyer

Post-Decree Modification Orders

It is a common misconception that court orders are set in stone. Sometimes, dissolution actions are not finalized even after a final judgment and decree is entered. There are opportunities to modify important decisions such as child support, child custody, alimony, and even parenting time. It is even sometimes possible to file a motion to change the provisions of an existing court order.

With changing circumstances such as those relating to income or relocation, you may wish to seek modifications in a court order relating to alimony, child custody, or child support. The experienced Pennsylvania family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. will work hard to ensure that our clients' goals are accomplished while protecting their rights.

You can reach us at (866) 290-9292.

Back to Top

Understanding the Process

In general, judges do not want to change court orders. To modify a dissolution action, you will have to prove that there has been a substantial, material, and permanent change in circumstances. Certain living arrangement and social issues can alter what is possible and what is in the best interest of the children. For example, alimony orders may be modified if the spouse who pays the support now earns much less money or the receiving ex-spouse remarries.

Back to Top

Types of Post-Decree Modifications

Here are some of the most common types of post-decree modifications we see in our practice:

  • Custody modification: If you would like more time with your child, you will have to present evidence that your circumstances have changed since the last custody order was issued. You may also show that changes have endangered your child’s physical or emotional health and that the child should stay with you or spend more time with you.
  • Child support modification: Some child support decisions become unfair after circumstances change. You may be able to modify child support orders if there was a substantial increase or decrease in earnings to either party, if there was a change in the cost of living for either party, or if there are extraordinary medical expenses for the child.
  • Alimony: It is possible to change an alimony order if either party has experienced a substantial increase or decrease in earnings, if there is now the receipt of public assistance, or if there was a change in the cost of living for either party.
  • Property division modification: The division of real and personal property is almost always final. You can only modify a property division decision if you can prove that the decision was based on fraud, mistakes, or duress.

Back to Top

Contact Us Today

If your circumstances have changed since your divorce, you need to discuss your options with a Pennsylvania family law attorney. Make sure you continue to follow the court orders to the best of your ability as you research your options. It's not always possible to modify court orders, but you may be able to adjust custody, alimony, or your child support agreement.

Call the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. at (866) 290-9292 to schedule a free consultation.

Back to Top

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.

Contact Us

Our team is ready to help. Start off your case with a no-cost consultation by calling our office today at (866) 290-9292 or by completing the following form.

Law Office of Sheryl R. Rentz

326 W Lancaster Ave, Suite 100
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003

Phone: (610) 645-0100
Toll-free: (866) 290-9292
Fax: (610) 645-0111

Pennsylvania Post-Decree Modification Attorney Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth here were dependent on the facts of that case and the results will differ from case to case. Please contact an attorney at our PA law firm office. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of New Jersey or Pennsylvania.

© 2019 Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz. Serving all counties in Pennsylvania, including Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester.

Website Design, SEO and Legal Internet Marketing by: SLS Consulting