Home Delaware County International Child Relocation

Delaware County International Child Relocation Lawyer

Strong Representation for Favorable Outcomes

After divorcing, it is common for parents to disagree about where and how their children will be raised. Some parents might get new career opportunities that require them to move abroad and would like to bring their children with them.

If you have an international child relocation case on your hands, our attorneys at Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. are ready to help. We have vast experience in handling challenging and complex child custody cases in Delaware County. If you need legal representation in an international child relocation case, contact us by calling (610) 645-0100. We will consult with you and discuss your rights as an ex-spouse and parent.

Back to Top

Are Parents Entitled to International Child Relocation?

The ability to travel out of the country or relocate with your child to another country depends on the terms of your custody agreement. Most custody agreements involve a form of joint visitation or custody that allows both parents to spend time with the child. If a parent wishes to go on an international vacation with their child, they are only allowed to do so during their allocated parenting time and often with the right permissions in place ahead of time.

Alternatively, they can seek the permission of the other custodial parent or ex-spouse. Going on international trips without the other parent's permission can result in child kidnapping charges. This will trigger swift action from Pennsylvania family law courts as you will be in violation of custody terms.

If you want to go out of the country with your child or prevent an international relocation, you will likely face a custody dispute with your ex-spouse. If you fail to reach an out-of-court agreement with them, you can present your case before a Delaware County judge. Presenting the information in front of a judge allows an impartial party to review the evidence and decide what is going to be in the best interest of your child.

Back to Top

Fighting Against an International Relocation

Generally, judges favor a decision where the child lives near both parents to create healthy family relations. However, you will still have to face a contentious and uphill battle to prevent a move-away order that allows the other parent to travel with your child internationally. When this happens, you will have to start traveling internationally to see your child.

Ideally, you can discuss the issue with your ex-spouse to see if you can come up with an agreement that favors both parties. If this is not possible, you have the right to be notified of their petition, and you can have a Delaware County family law attorney represent you in court. Going up against your ex-spouse in an international child relocation case requires an experienced attorney to represent your interests in court. That is the only realistic way that you can prevent them from going against your will, especially if they come to court with an experienced attorney representing them.

Back to Top

Contact the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. Today

Whether you want to relocate with your child to another country or are looking to prevent your ex-spouse from doing the same, having a Delaware County relocation lawyer is vital to receiving a favorable outcome in your case.

Our dedicated family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. have many years of experience fighting for parents' rights throughout Delaware County. We have what it takes to increase your chances of winning your international child relocation case. Call us at (610) 645-0100 to discuss your case in a free consultation.

Back to Top

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.
(610) 645-0100