We Will Guide you

We will guide you step-by-step
through this difficult process.

Free Initial Consultation (866) 290-9292
blog home High-Profile Divorce Husband of TV Star Seeks Money During Divorce

Husband of TV Star Seeks Money During Divorce

By Sheryl Rentz on July 1, 2014

Zoe McLellan, star of the show NCIS: New Orleans is in the midst of a difficult divorce from her husband. According to a TMZ news report, her husband, actor J.P. Gillain, is seeking joint custody. The actress allegedly believes that her husband is only seeking custody as a ploy to get child support now that she is successful. The court documents reveal that she will earn $45,000 per episode. A representative for the actress states that her husband has “never been a hands-on dad.”

In Pennsylvania, the most important consideration in every custody battle is the best interest of the child. The court must consider a number of factors when evaluating what is best for the child intellectually, morally, and physically. Some of the important considerations include:

  • Where the child wants to live
  • The custody arrangements of any siblings
  • Which parent is the primary caretaker
  • The wishes of each parent
  • The quality of relationship between the children and each parent
  • The mental and physical health of each parent and child
  • The ability of each parent to provide a loving, stable environment

Joint physical custody, or shared custody, is when both parents have continuous contact with the child. Not all shared custody parents have the same physical time with their children, but joint custody does grant equal legal custody. Sole custody, conversely, is when one parent is awarded physical and legal custody.

With regard to child support, financial obligations are determined by the difference in wages between the parents and the amount of time the child spends with each parent. When parties spend about the same amount of time with the children and the wages are similar, the court may not assign any child support. However, when one parent makes more than the other and spends less time with the children, he or she will likely have to provide financial support to the primary custody holder.

All divorce proceedings can prove nerve-racking, but those involving custody battles and disagreements over child support are particularly stressful. Anyone seeking a divorce would be well advised to seek the counsel of an experienced Pennsylvania family law attorney. Even the most amicable separations can devolve into disagreements and confrontations. It is important that you protect your rights as a parent and ensure that any decision that is made is in the best interests of your children.

Related Articles:

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.

Contact Us

Our team is ready to help. Start off your case with a no-cost consultation by calling our office today at (866) 290-9292 or by completing the following form.

Phone (optional):

Law Office of Sheryl L. Rentz

326 W Lancaster Ave, Suite 100
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003

Phone: (610) 645-0100
Toll-free: (866) 290-9292
Fax: (610) 645-0111

Phone (optional):

Montgomery County Divorce Attorney Disclaimer: The divorce, visitation, child support, child custody, spousal support, or other family law legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth here were dependent on the facts of that case and the results will differ from case to case. Please contact an attorney at our law firm office. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of Pennsylvania.

© 2022 Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz. Serving Chester County, Montgomery County, & all counties in Pennsylvania.

Website Design, SEO and Legal Internet Marketing by: SLS Consulting


Read Our Important Announcement About COVID-19

Dear valued clients, we are opening Monday, June 8th, but everyone must wear masks. For the safety of the community, we continue to encourage meetings either over the phone or by Zoom.

Schedule My Consultation