We Will Guide you

We will guide you step-by-step
through this difficult process.

Free Initial Consultation (866) 290-9292
blog home Child Support Philadelphia Parents Owing Child Support Offered Arrest Pardon

Philadelphia Parents Owing Child Support Offered Arrest Pardon

By Sheryl Rentz on November 18, 2009

Philadelphia family court is offering amnesty to the thousands of parents who have bench warrants for outstanding child support payments, according to a kyw1060.com report. The court’s administrative judge announced that beginning November 12 and ending on November 18 at 4pm, parents with outstanding bench warrants are free to come in without worrying about being arrested. Parents should note that they will still have to pay their child support debt.

Based on the article, the judge stated, “We will in fact withdraw your bench warrant and we will register you for a court hearing so that you can come back into the courthouse and meet your obligations.” This is definitely a break that parents owing child support may want to consider, especially since the court is working with Philadelphia fatherhood organizations to help fathers without jobs acquire employment training and find jobs. The opportunity to obtain long-term employment and benefits is a step in the right direction to ensure that parents receive the financial support they need to take care of their children.

Approximately 5,100 individuals have bench warrants against them, and they roughly owe a combined $48 million in child support. After November 18, bench warrants will be enforced once again for parents who are behind on their child support. Parents who would like more information can contact Philadelphia Family Court at 215-686-9300 or through email at philaamnesty@pacses.com.

Falling behind on child support payments has become a bigger problem in Pennsylvania and throughout the nation ever since the economy took a down-turn. Nevertheless, trying to doge paying child support or turning to procrastination instead of finding a solution are not productive courses of action. At the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, our Philadelphia child support lawyers have assisted many parents in receiving child support from the other parent so that children can be properly cared for and given the financial support they need. For a free consultation of your child support or family law case, please call Sheryl R. Rentz today at 610-645-0100.


Related Articles:

Posted in: Child Support

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.

Contact Us

Our team is ready to help. Start off your case with a no-cost consultation by calling our office today at (866) 290-9292 or by completing the following form.

Phone (optional):

Law Office of Sheryl L. Rentz

326 W Lancaster Ave, Suite 100
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003

Phone: (610) 645-0100
Toll-free: (866) 290-9292
Fax: (610) 645-0111

Phone (optional):

Montgomery County Divorce Attorney Disclaimer: The divorce, visitation, child support, child custody, spousal support, or other family law legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth here were dependent on the facts of that case and the results will differ from case to case. Please contact an attorney at our law firm office. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of Pennsylvania.

© 2022 Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz. Serving Chester County, Montgomery County, & all counties in Pennsylvania.

Website Design, SEO and Legal Internet Marketing by: SLS Consulting


Read Our Important Announcement About COVID-19

Dear valued clients, we are opening Monday, June 8th, but everyone must wear masks. For the safety of the community, we continue to encourage meetings either over the phone or by Zoom.

Schedule My Consultation