blog home Child Custody Franklin County Judge Orders Shared Custody for Baby

Franklin County Judge Orders Shared Custody for Baby

By Sheryl Rentz on March 3, 2010

According to an article published at, a Franklin County judge gave a toddler’s parents joint custody in a temporary custody order, and then scheduled another hearing to determine permanent custody. The decision was made during a hearing to determine whether Colorado or Pennsylvania has jurisdiction in the case.

The child was born in Colorado but has lived with his paternal grandmother in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania for the last four months. In a special arrangement between the grandmother and mother, the child was to stay temporarily while the mother was on bed rest due to her current high-risk pregnancy. When the mother came to get her son last month to take him home to Colorado, the grandmother refused to turn him over. The father then filed for custody. The father acknowledged that he was not named on the child’s birth certificate and did not have custody of the child. Under the temporary order, the child will be turned over to his mother when she arrives back in Pennsylvania. The article states that a final appealable custody order is expected to be issued August 6, 2010.

If you or someone you love is involved in a custody dispute, we understand that these family matters are almost always emotionally charged. Parents usually need help navigating through Pennsylvania child custody laws. All parties involved in a custody dispute typically need legal counsel and representation. Often, as it is with the child custody case above, paternity issues arise as well. The law offices of Sheryl R. Rentz can facilitate the establishment of paternity as well as the custody agreement. With our many years of experience in Pennsylvania family law and child custody, we have the necessary skills and knowledge for a successful outcome in your custody efforts. Call the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz at 610-645-0100 today for a free consultation.


Related Articles:

Posted in: Child Custody

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.
(610) 645-0100