blog home Child Custody New Online Reporting System to Report Child Custody Violations

New Online Reporting System to Report Child Custody Violations

By Sheryl Rentz on November 10, 2008

The District Attorney of Santa Clara County in California has announced the launch of a new online reporting form for those who want to report a violation of a child custody or visitation court order. This is a big change from the time when parents or guardians had to make a report in the lobby or a public counter at the local police department or wait to have an officer come to them and take a report, according to a recent news article.

However, officials emphasize that this form is only for non-emergency matters. In case of child abduction or a similar criminal matter, families are asked to call their local police departments right away to report the crime.

This is a wonderful system that would serve families well across the nation. Most couples who sign off a child custody agreement are quick to report custody or visitation violations as they should. Visitation rights refer to the set of laws surrounding the legal right of a parent or another relative to visit and spend time with a child after a divorce. When there is a violation it must be reported and the easier and less time-consuming it is, the more efficient the reporting system would be.

Visitation rights are some of the most complicated laws in Pennsylvania. When these issues arise in your divorce case, you want to be represented by the best, most knowledgeable and experienced divorce attorney. If you or someone you know is involved in a divorce, please call the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz for a free, confidential consultation. We have years of experience in family court issues. Call us today to ensure safety, legal rights and protection for you and your family.

Related Articles:

Posted in: Child Custody

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.
(610) 645-0100