blog home Child Support Deadbeat Dad Flees after a Police Stop

Deadbeat Dad Flees after a Police Stop

By Sheryl Rentz on April 17, 2009

Police in Milford, Delaware, arrested a deadbeat dad who tried to flee when he was pulled over for speeding. According to an ABC News report, a state trooper tried to pull over Eric Darling when he was clocked doing 68 mph in a 50 mph zone. Darling apparently slowed down and pulled onto the shoulder before fleeing the scene. The trooper pursued him. Darling lost control of his vehicle on a curve and it fell into a ditch and rolled over several times, the news report stated.

Authorities say Darling was wanted by the Kent County Family Court because he owed arrears on child support. Officials did not say how much he owed in child support payments. Darling did not suffer major injuries in the crash, but will face charges related to the police pursuit and the accident after he is released from the hospital.

Failure to pay child support per the court ruling can cause serious problems for the parent. The penalties for not paying child support can be harsh and may include suspension of passport and driving privileges and seizure of bank accounts. Please do not let this happen to you.

If you believe that you cannot afford a child support payment, if you have lost your job, or suffered a setback, please consult an experienced Pennsylvania child support lawyer immediately. At the Law Office of Sheryl R. Rentz, we can help you sort out your situation by taking care of the legal process and paperwork so you can focus on your children, family and other aspects of your life that should take priority. Call us today at 610-645-0100 for a free and confidential consultation.

Related Articles:

Posted in: Child Support

We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.
(610) 645-0100