Chestnut Hill Family Law Attorney
Talk to a Family Law Lawyer
When you walk down that aisle, you’re planning to spend the rest of your life with the person you love the most. Divorce isn’t an option in that moment. But as time goes on, people and situations change. Even though Pennsylvania has one of the lowest divorce rates in the country at 9.5%, it is still important to be prepared in the event that things don’t work out as you planned.
If you reside in Chestnut Hill, our Philadelphia County family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C., can assist you with whatever you need. Whether putting together a prenuptial agreement or negotiating a complex, high-asset divorce, we specialize in Pennsylvania family law. For a free consultation, call (866) 290-9292.
Services We Provide for Chestnut Hill
We are passionate about helping our clients and their children keep normalcy in their lives. We take pride in achieving successful results and meeting client expectations. With over 25 years of experience in family law, we will work professionally and diligently to make this process as stress-free as possible for you and your family. Some of the areas we specialize in are:
- Adoption: We will go over the different types of adoptions available and assist you in deciding which is best for you. We will help you navigate this tricky process and prepare you for what to expect. We know all Pennsylvania requirements and have experience working with private and public adoption agencies.
- Arbitration: Divorce and child custody battles can get nasty and drawn-out in court. You can avoid some legal fees and time spent arguing by going through arbitration. Arbitration is a more civil way to handle things outside of court. We can provide arbitration services or serve as your advocate in third-party arbitration.
- Child Custody: We know how hard this one is for all parents and family members. It is our goal to reach an outcome in our client’s favor that is also in the best interests of the child. Grandparents’ rights are something we deal with often, and we know all about parental alienation and stepparent rights too.
- Child Support: As a parent, it is your obligation to support your child financially, covering the cost of food, clothing, shelter, education, medical expenses, and more. One parent should never carry the full burden of raising a child alone. Under Pennsylvania law, both parents must support the child regardless of the custody agreement. If your child’s parent is not paying child support, we can assist you in getting the financial support that you need. We also handle paternity cases.
- Divorce: We handle complicated, high-asset divorce matters and all the related issues, including division of property, tax liability, business valuation, alimony, and more.
- Domestic Violence: If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence in a deteriorating relationship, contact us immediately and get out of there. We will assist you in filing a restraining order. If there are children involved, we will petition the courts to remove the children from the abusive parent as well.
- Same-Sex Family Law: From adoption to domestic partnerships to full-blown same-sex divorce, we have the experience in this new arena of the law to guide you.
The Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C., provides full-service family law to the Chestnut Hill area, from prenups to divorce, visitation, and more. If you have a legal matter and would like to know more, please contact our office for a free consultation at (866) 290-9292. We will present you with your options and help you decide what is best for you and your family.
We know your problems are unique & special.
Call us, we will listen.