2018 Scholarship Opportunity
from the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C.
As a family law firm, we believe that children are the key to a bright future. This is why we are offering a $500 scholarship to a promising student whose diligence, aspiration, and hard work deserve to be rewarded. No one who seeks the enlightenment of a college education should be denied one for financial reasons. Good luck, scholars!
To view our previous winner, click here.
- Amount Awarded: $500
- Who can apply?
Option 1 - Current high school seniors on track to graduate with a minimum 3.0 GPA who intend to pursue a degree from a post-secondary educational institution
Option 2 - Any student currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (either a two-year school with the intention of transferring to an accredited four-year college or university, or a four-year college or university)
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 2nd 2018. All application materials must be sent to Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, no later than the deadline date. Any applications received after the stated deadline will unfortunately not be considered. There will be no exceptions to this rule in order to keep the process as fair as possible. Please allow yourself ample time to prepare and submit all required materials prior to 11:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday, May 2nd 2018.
- Winner will be chosen by: Monday, June 4th 2018
Winner's name and likeness will be announced on Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz websites and social media sites on Monday, June 4th 2018. The winning essay will also be shared online. By submitting your information for consideration in this scholarship, you agree that your name and likeness may be used by Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, for marketing purposes. Any information submitted to this website will not be sold or transferred to another company.
Non-winners will not be notified.
May 2nd 2018
June 4th 2018
- All eligible high school applicants must anticipate earning a high school diploma in the 2017–2018 school year, and must anticipate attending an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the 2017–2018 school year.
- All eligible college applicants must currently attend an accredited four-year university or college, or must currently be attending a two-year institution with the intention of transferring to a four-year university or college.
- Simply put, graduating high school seniors in good standing who meet a minimum GPA requirement, college students currently attending a community college with the intent of transferring to a university, or students who are currently attending a four-year university are eligible to apply for the 2018 Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz Scholarship.
Scholarship Requirements (All Criteria Must Be Met)
- Have earned or anticipate earning a high school diploma in the 2016-2017 school year
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Be a current United States citizen or United States permanent resident
- Applicant must fill out entry fields on the scholarship application page PDF
- Applicant must complete the essay portion of the scholarship application page PDF, which includes two entry fields:
Introduction: 100-200 Words
Our law firm would love to learn more about your interest in this scholarship and why you’ve chosen to apply. We are also interested in how you plan to use the scholarship to better yourself through education. Please feel free to include any information about yourself that may help you stand out from other applicants also applying for this scholarship.
If you are chosen as the recipient of the 2018 Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz Scholarship, your acceptance may be used for marketing purposes including, but not limited to, being featured on the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz website and on Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz social media profiles.
Short Essay: 500-1000 Words
How will attending college help you achieve your future goals? How do you plan on leaving your mark on the world, and in what way will a college education help you achieve your intended goals?
Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz ScholarshipApply Now
Finalists Must Provide The Following Documentation
- Unofficial and Official School Transcripts - We may require an unofficial transcript from your most recent educational institution to help determine your eligibility. If Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, decides that your application is in contention for our scholarship award, you will be contacted by Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, and instructed to mail or electronically send an official, unopened transcript to help our team verify that the information you provided with your application is accurate, and that you do in fact meet all other eligibility requirements. Please do not send official transcripts unless explicitly asked to do so by Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz
- Current Proof of Enrollment - An enrollment verification letter, college acceptance letter, or course registration for the upcoming semester must be provided to Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, upon request.
- Photo Identification - A copy of your U.S. driver’s license, U.S. state identification card, and/or passport are considered as acceptable forms of identification and must be provided to Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, upon request.