Chester County Family Law Attorney
Dedicated to Helping Clients with Family Law Issues
Are you planning to file for divorce? Is adoption the next step in your family's journey? Have you been the victim of domestic violence? For answers to these questions and more you should speak with a qualified family law attorney to discuss your options. Contact the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. to schedule a confidential, one-on-one appointment to discuss your legal goals.
To effectively practice family law, a firm must take steps beyond simply processing requests and defending their client's interests. To provide honest, reliable and customized representation, a firm must have a family's trust. They must dedicate their resources to understanding both overall and specific details. After all, the areas covered under family law are quite sensitive. Shouldn't your attorney be equally as sensitive? At the Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. you can count on that, as we take the time to ask questions and listen to your concerns and feedback.
The Law Offices of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. have expertise in the many aspects of family law including:
- Child support
- Domestic violence
- Enforcing agreements
- Financial & tax issues
- Grandparents' rights
- High asset divorce
- Military divorce
- Nuptial agreements
- Property division
- Same-sex relationships
- Spousal support
Family Law Mediation in Chester County
In Pennsylvania, the Family Law and Domestic Relations Courts at the county level adhere to the current PA State Code. In issues involving mediation, which essentially uses an arbitrator to attempt to resolve differences between parties, the county court has some discretion to implement some local rules that they deem to be effective. In Chester County, their local processes for mediation are as follows:
- When either party files a Complaint for Custody or for Custody Modification, they are referred to mediation.
- The first step is where the parties attend an orientation session.
- If the parties agree to proceed with mediation, they are provided access to a court approved mediator.
- The parties are to divide the responsibility for compensating the mediator at a rate of $75.00 per hour unless other arrangements are agreed upon.
- The primary focus of custody-related mediation is consistent with most custody and visitation related issues, which centers on what is in the children’s best interests.
- After concluding the mediation, the mediator submits a detailed report to the court.
- The parties and their attorneys are not permitted to conduct ex parte communications (separately or individually conferring with the mediator) with the mediator regarding issues which relate to the mediation for the exception of scheduling-relating dialogue.
- If the parties are able to partially or fully come to an agreement, the findings will be communicated to their attorneys, as well as provide a draft of a Temporary Custody Order (TCO) to the parties and also to their attorneys, if applicable.
- The parties next will review and obtain input on the Temporary Custody Order in conjunction with their attorneys.
- If both parties are satisfied with the agreement, then the attorneys can file the TCO with the court as directed.
Attorney Sheryl R. Rentz, is a dedicated professional who has years of experience providing Chester County residents with important family law related legal services. She is also a member of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Bar Associations, as well as the Montgomery and Philadelphia County Bar. For over two decades now, Attorney Sheryl R. Rentz and her highly skilled team have been providing honest, reliable and comprehensive representation to families, couples and individuals throughout Chester County and the Greater Philadelphia metropolitan area. Her dedication to family law and her unwavering commitment to her client's needs are suited to handle whatever circumstances you may be facing. For a free consultation regarding your Chester County Family Law case, contact the office at (866) 290-9292.
Chester County Resources
- Chester County Domestic Relations Office
- Chester County Department of Children, Youth and Families
- Chester County Family Court